Home » HEADLINE, United SportsCar Championship

Ganassi Pairs Hand With Pruett In Tudor Car

| Managing Editor, RacinToday.com Tuesday, December 16 2014

The No. 01 Tudor car will be getting a helping Hand next season.

Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates closed out a big month of news by announcing Tuesday that Joey Hand will replace Memo Rojas as co-driver of the team’s No. 01 Daytona Prototype car in the Tudor United SportsCar Championship series.

Hand will team with veteran Scott Pruett in the car, which was a multiple-season champion in the Grand-Am Series and won three times during the inaugural 2014 Tudor season.

“What an opportunity,” Hand said. “To say I’m thrilled to be joining this team would be an understatement. With the successes of Chip’s team in sports car racing, the great history of the No. 01 car and getting to team-up with a legend like Scott Pruett, I think Christmas came a little early for me this season.”

Hand is no stranger to the team as he co-drove part-time over the years.

“I had a great experience with the team in 2011, 2012 and 2013, and now here we are back together full-time in the TUDOR Untied SportsCar Championship,” he said. “Daytona is right around the corner to kick off the season and I can’t wait to start working with Scott and the team. In all honesty, I’ve wanted to drive for this team since I was a little kid. I’m excited about my long-term future here and what we can potentially accomplish together as sports car racing continues to grow.”

In addition, CGRFS announced that the Ford EcoBoost-powered No. 01, previously sponsored by TELMEX, would be sponsored by Ford beginning in 2015.

Ganassi’s team switched from BMW power to Ford EcoBoost prior to the 2014 season.

Jamie Allison, Ford Racing director, said, “The evolution of our Ford EcoBoost technology continues to be the major focus of our program for 2015. We look forward to continuing that climb with Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship series and we welcome Joey Hand to our program joining Scott Pruett as we compete for wins every race and a Ford championship.”

“I think we had a good year with Ford in 2014 by winning three and could easily have won more so to now be partnered with them in even a bigger way makes all of us very happy,” team owner Chip Ganassi said. “I think we have a great deal to look forward to. Also, we’ve had our eye on Joey for quite some time. He turned a lot of heads in our organization in 2011. I think he and Scott will complement each other on and off the track and we expect them to hit the ground running together in Daytona.”

Earlier in the month, Ganassi announced that his IndyCar operation would return with the three drivers who raced with the team last season: Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan and Charlie Kimball.

Ganassi also announced that he and Harry Scott, Jr. have joined forces to field a one-car NASCAR Xfinity Series entry beginning in 2015. The entry will be run from the Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates team shop in Concord, NC and will race under the team name, HScott Motorsports with Chip Ganassi.

The HScott Motorsports with Chip Ganassi No. 42 Chevrolet Camaro entry will feature a driver line-up combination of at least 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year Kyle Larson, along with 2014 NASCAR Xfinity Series rookie Dylan Kwasniewski.

Mike Shiplett, a former crew chief and car chief with Richard Petty Motorsports, Turner Scott Motorsports and Gillett Evernham Motorsports has been tabbed as the crew chief of the No. 42 Chevrolet Camaro.




| Managing Editor, RacinToday.com Tuesday, December 16 2014
No Comment

Comments are closed.