Infineon Test Open To Fans
Race fans are invited to a free INDYCAR test session at Infineon Raceway on Monday, April 9, when several teams from the IZOD IndyCar Series head to Sonoma to test the anew 2012 race car.
The one-day test will run from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and will allow drivers to test the new race car, which features a new body, new engine and new chassis for 2012, among other enhancements. This marks one of the only times teams will test in advance of the Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma, Aug 24-26,
Thirteen drivers from five teams are currently scheduled to attend the test, including:
· Ryan Briscoe, Helio Castroneves, Will Power (Team Penske)
· Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon (Target Chip Ganassi Racing)
· Charlie Kimball and Graham Rahal (Chip Ganassi Racing)
· Marco Andretti, Ryan Hunter-Reay and James Hinchcliffe (Andretti Autosport)
· Rubens Barrichello, Tony Kanaan, EJ Viso (KV Racing Technology)
Race fans are invited to watch the test session and enjoy the open paddock. Fans are also invited to attend a press conference with the drivers during the lunch break. The Raceway Café will also be open from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. for breakfast and lunch.
More than 1,500 race fans attended an INDYCAR test session in Sonoma, Feb. 25. It was the highest-attended test session in raceway history.
The raceway will feature a number of ticket packages at the test session, highlighted by the raceway’s new INDYCAR Total Access Tech Ticket, which includes a reserved Sunday ticket, Garage/Pre-Race Pass and race-day Q&A featuring an inside look at the 2012 race car for $99.No Comment